As one of the top-rated convertible car seats by Consumer Reports, the Nuna RAVA checks all the boxes for many parents. It exceeds safety standards with its all-steel frame; it's one of the easiest seats to install, use and clean; and it has a sophisticated look with high-quality, breathable fabrics.
Installation doesn't get much easier: Underneath the seat bottom of the RAVA is a door that opens to allow the car's seat belt to be threaded through and buckled. Once you close the door, the seat is securely installed.
The RAVA keeps your child in the safest position for longer, thanks to an industry-leading 50-pound rear-facing weight capacity and a pop-out footrest that adds two inches of leg room. The seat grows with your child up to 65 pounds with its adjustable head rest, recline to 10 positions and no-rethread harness.
The Nuna RAVA is one of the only convertible car seats that uses a naturally fire-resistant bamboo/polyester fabric instead of flame-retardant chemicals. Bamboo also helps regulate your child's body temperature, keeping her cooler in warm weather and warmer in cool weather—all while being super-soft, antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
The RAVA exceeds American safety standards with its all-steel frame, energy-absorbing foam, side-impact protection pods and a reinforced belt path.
As a bonus, the RAVA comes with two cup holders that tuck away when you don't need them—and its seat fabric is washable for the inevitable cup spill.
The Nuna RAVA was updated in 2019; no changes have been made since.
- Bamboo/polyester blend fabrics are free of flame retardant chemicals and are also temperature-regulating, hypoallergenic and antibacterial
- Advanced safety features including an all-steel frame, reinforced belt path, energy-absorbing foam and side impact protection pods
- 2 additional inches of leg room allows for longer rear-facing use and extra support for forward-facing riders
- 10-position recline for the most relaxing ride
- 10-position head support can be height-adjusted with one hand
- Ventilation panels within the shell to help child stay cool
- Washable knit fabric
- Meets standards for Greenguard Gold certification, meaning it has been certified not to contribute VOC hazardous chemicals into the air your child breathes
- No re-thread, 5-point harness works with one hand
- No re-thread, 2-point crotch strap grows with your child
- Dual cup holders that fold away when not in use
- Colored belt path indicators help reduce user errors
- Infant head and body inserts can be removed as baby grows
- Aircraft-certified for travel
- Rear-facing specifications: 5 to 50 pounds; 49" or less; suggested for children up to at least 2 years
- Forward-facing specifications: 25 to 65 pounds; 49" or less; suggested for children 2 years and older
- Product size: 25"H x 19"W x 16"L
- Product weight: 27.2 pounds